DEAR EDITOR:

Dear People, I want to share with you my terrible experience.

One day I was eating grapes and had about six in my mouth. Then all of a sudden I had to sneeze. So I tried to swallow quickly. They got stuck in my throat.

My dad did the Heimlich. It came out. I could have died, but God gave me another chance.

To parents with children: be careful with what they eat.

Isabella Waldsmith, 9 years old

Cherokee County

Support Local Journalism

Now, more than ever, residents need trustworthy reporting—but good journalism isn’t free. Please support us by purchasing a digital subscription. Your subscription will allow you unlimited access to important local news stories. Our mission is to keep our community informed and we appreciate your support.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.