The state releases an update online twice daily at around noon and around 7 p.m. at this site: https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report
Gov. Brian Kemp has issued a statewide shelter-in-place order. Details of the order, which began Friday and is in place through April 13 can be found here.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are now recommending that people wear a face covering when they go out in public.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds at a time;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill;
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze;
- Do not reuse tissue after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose;
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
Contact COVID-19 hotline
The state of Georgia has a new COVID-19 hotline. If you believe that you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to the novel coronavirus, please contact your primary care doctor or an urgent care clinic. Please do not show up unannounced at an emergency room or health care facility.
Hotline: (844) 442-2681