The Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce on Thursday recognized the 2019 group of Cherokee County's Top 10 in 10 Young Professionals to Watch.
"The Top 10 in 10 initiative is designed to cultivate and showcase exceptional Cherokee County young professionals," said Chamber President and CEO Pam Carnes. Coordinated by the chamber, in partnership with Enjoy! Cherokee Magazine, the program focuses on Cherokee County residents younger than 40 who are considered to be Cherokee County's up and coming leaders over the next decade.
"We were extremely pleased with the number and caliber of candidates for this year’s recognition. As we have grown accustomed to, far more than 10 nominees were submitted. Each application was carefully reviewed by a panel of judges that found the task of only choosing ten honorees challenging," said Chamber Board Chairman John Barker, owner of Delphi Global Technology.
Judging criteria included past professional achievements and awards, five to 10-year professional goals, as well as the nominees' volunteer and community activities. Besides being recognized during the chamber's monthly networking breakfast, the recipients will also be featured in the summer issue of Enjoy! Cherokee Magazine. The honorees who will be under the age of 40 on Oct. 1 have been nominated for the Georgia Trend Magazine 40 Under 40 recognition.
The rising professionals recognized by the chamber were:
- Colin Ake, Principal-Commercialization Catalyst, Georgia Tech VentureLab and a Woodstock city councilman;
- Hayden Holcomb, General Manager, Chick-fil-A of Hickory Flat;
- Dr. Daniel Tari, Physical Therapist/Owner, Canton PT & Sports Rehab;
- Justin Page, Director of Business Development, Beltmann Relocation Group;
- Marsha Terry, Assistant Solicitor-General, Cherokee County Solicitor-General’s Office;
- Jamie Johnston, Assistant Dean of Students, Reinhardt University;
- Melissa Sneed, Supervisor of Special Education, Cherokee County School District;
- Emili Roman, Director, Cherokee Probation Services;
- Dr. Ashley Kennerly, Principal, Sixes Elementary School, Cherokee County School District;
- Crystal Welch, Budget Analyst, City of Woodstock.